| Blogging and Social Media –
Business or Personal
This half- day, hands on workshop, will demonstrate how to build your own blog, Facebook, or Instagram site from scratch. You will be shown how to create your own site; how to create powerful content for your site, and given the means to make money with it once it is operational.
- Anyone who would like to blog about any topic. You don’t need any writing or blogging experience, just an idea. The course is targeted at the complete beginner.
- Small or large businesses that have a website but have not utilized their blog, Facebook or Instagram and want to add value and grow the business.
- Any person who enjoys communicating via the internet and would like to write about their hobby, interest or passion.
- Anyone who has an idea for a blog / topic and would like to make money out of it.
Why should you blog or use Social Media:
- Business – By building a business blog or social media site, you are keeping one step ahead of your competitors. You are engaging your customers on a personal level and keeping them informed so that they have the opportunity to come back!
- Personal – Perhaps you are on a mission – lose weight; beat cancer; get people active; learn computers or earn extra funds or income. By sharing your journey with your readers or the community, you have a chance to be known to the world and earn money doing what you love.
- Social Good – You have a message that you want to get out to the world. You have a voice that needs to be heard. And what a way to do it. A blog or content or conversations about a big social issue (e.g. Bullying, Cancer) has the potential to reach millions of people worldwide.
- Your life, family, struggles, personal goals, your career, food, holidays, adventures, parenting, fitness, hobbies or gardening.
- Your business, money making strategies, technology, gadgets, photography, real estate.
- Personal development, aged care, retirement, travel for singles, overcoming depression, relationships.
- It is preferred that you have some Windows/ Mac computer experience and reasonable mouse or track pad skills. It is also beneficial to have a general understanding of the internet and how to browse the web.
- You do not need an existing site. As a beginner, you will be building your blog or site from scratch. However, it is ideal if you have an idea or concept for your blog or site.
- If you have a business or personal website, please bring your login details to get you straight in on the day.
- Blogging and Social media Basics
- Choosing your niche
- Types of blogs and social media and what is best for you
- Organizing your ideas
- Cyber bullies and the means to deal with them
- WordPress and why you should use this platform
- Basic blog and site design – colours, opt ins, sidebar, pages, F Pattern
- Subscriptions and why you need subscribers
- Creating powerful blogs and social media sites
- Adding images
- Best headlines
- Make money from your blog/ site
- Strategies to build your social media community
- Linking your blog to Social Media
$220 for 3 hours on a course. One on One training available ($330 for 3 hours) – 3 hours minimum.